Fortinet Secure SD-WAN:
The Fortinet Secure SD-WAN solution provides all these and more, protecting your investment along your digital-first journey by scaling and adapting to your network’s ongoing evolution.
According to the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SD-WAN Infrastructure 2023 Vendor Assessment report, one of Fortinet’s key strengths is that “Fortinet offers highly integrated security and networking SD-WAN capability. Fortinet SD-WAN customers deploy the product on the company’s FortiGate physical or virtual appliance, which has integrated next-generation firewall capabilities, along with SSL inspection.”
To ensure scalability and optimal user experience, the Fortinet FortiGate infrastructure is built around custom security and networking ASICs designed to improve performance, consume less power, and increase the inspection of encrypted traffic. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN also delivers a seamless 5G experience via FortiExtender 5G/LTE Wireless WAN gateways, allowing customers to easily leverage cellular failover and active/active cellular connections in the same dashboard. And because all these functions run on a single operating system, FortiOS, its unified management simplifies configuration, identifies and troubleshoots problems, and enables automation to maintain optimal connectivity and security.
But don’t take our word for it. In addition to being positioned as a Leader in SD-WAN by the IDC Market Scape and Gartner, Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution’s functionality and performance have been validated through the third-party test lab CyberRatings.org. Vikram Phatak, CEO of CyberRatings.org, said, “The Fortinet SD-WAN handled all use cases with ease and proved to be highly reliable and capable. It should be on everyone’s short list.” We couldn’t agree more.
Additional Critical SD-WAN Functions:
In addition to these core requirements, an effective SD-WAN solution must also provide the following critical functions:
- An effective SD-WAN solution should support the transition to secure access service edge (SASE) and SD-Branch through integrated networking, security, and unified management.
- SD-WAN must facilitate the shift to a 5G wireless WAN while ensuring reliable and secure connectivity.
- It should include advanced capabilities, such as AIOps and digital experience monitoring (DEM), to enhance IT and user experience.
- It should seamlessly integrate with your existing network, security, and cloud infrastructures to provide end-to-end connectivity and policy enforcement.
- Centralized management and deep interoperability, delivered through a unified operating system, enables automation, accelerates deployment, and simplifies your network architecture.